These cookies are the ideal indulgence for your daytime cravings.
Not only are they healthier than store-bought cookies, but you can also whip them up in just 30 minutes.
I absolutely love preparing this recipe with my girlfriends in the afternoon, allowing us to savor these delightful treats alongside a steaming cup of coffee or tea.
Moreover, they make a wonderful gift to share with loved ones. Beware, though, as their irresistible deliciousness might make it challenging to resist devouring them all at once.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12-14 minutes
Serves: 20 cookies
- 2 medium-large ripe bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup brown sugar (you can choose coconut sugar as well)
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup peanut butter (you can use other nut butter alternatives)
- 2 scoops of Essa blend Choco spice vegan protein
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup oats
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place bananas in a mixing bowl, and mash with a fork. Whisk in the vanilla, brown sugar, salt and peanut butter.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the Essa blend protein, cocoa, baking powder, and oats.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir to combine.
- Scoop up 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie. Just put the dough in your palm, squeeze them together, and roll into a smooth ball. Use your palms or the bottom of measuring cups to gently flatten each cookie into a thick patty shape. Place on the baking sheet. Use a fork to create a criss-cross pattern on top of the cookies, further flattening them into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the bottoms are golden. Let cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before storing.
*Store protein cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
* You can mix in chocolate chips or dried fruits in the mixture if you want to add more flavour to it.