Winter is all about embracing the chill with a warm and playful spirit, and what better way to do that than by baking up some delicious treats? Our Maple Pumpkin Bread brings the magic of the season to your kitchen, boasting the cosy flavours of maple, the comforting touch of pumpkin, and a surprise protein boost from our yoghourt frosting. Join us to create a delightful dessert that everyone will love and make your kitchen smell amazing.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking: 65 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line a 30cm long loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, brown the butter until it turns a golden amber color and gives off a nutty aroma. Transfer the browned butter to a medium bowl to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, pure maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Add the cooled browned butter and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes until a tester comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Soy Greek yoghourt and vegan protein powder until well combined.
- Once the bread is completely cool, spread the yoghourt frosting evenly over the top using a spatula.
- Cut the pumpkin bread into slices and serve, savouring the delightful combination of nutty browned butter, sweet pumpkin, and the protein boost from the yoghourt frosting.