Are you looking for a quick and healthy breakfast option that requires minimal effort in the morning? Look no further than overnight oats! This delightful recipe not only saves you time but also provides a nutritious and satisfying start to your day. Packed with plant-based goodness, our overnight oats recipe combines the creaminess of plant-based milk and soy yoghourt with the sweetness of bananas and a hint of chocolatey goodness from Essablend Choco-spice protein. It's rich with fiber, protein, and healthy fats, making it a well-rounded meal that will keep you energised throughout the morning. Plus, you can customise it to suit your taste by adding your favourite fruits, nuts, or seeds.
Prep and cook time: 5 minutes
- 120 ml plant-based milk
- 3 tbsp soy yoghourt
- ½ banana
- ½ scoop (15g) Essablend Choco-spice protein
- 1.5 tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup (45g) oats
- Sliced banana
- Almond flakes
- Peanut butter (optional)
- Begin by selecting a container or a mason jar with a lid to make your overnight oats. This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled, making it perfect for meal prepping or serving a family.
- In a bowl mash the banana and pour the plant-based milk of your choice into the container. Next, add the soy yoghurt for a creamy texture.
- The secret ingredient that sets this overnight oats recipe apart is the Essablend Choco-spice protein. Simply add half a scoop (15g) to the mix and stir well.
- Stir in the chia seeds and let the mixture sit for a minute to ensure they are well distributed.
- Add half a cup (45g) of oats to the mixture and stir everything together until it's well combined.
- Refrigerate Overnight: Pour the mixture into the container and seal it with a lid and place it in the refrigerator. This allows the oats to become tender and absorb all the delicious flavors, creating a delightful breakfast experience.
- Garnish to Perfection: In the morning, take your overnight oats out of the fridge and give them a good stir. If you find the oats are too thick, you can add a splash of extra plant-based milk to reach your desired consistency. Top it with sliced banana, almond flakes, and if you're feeling indulgent, a drizzle of peanut butter. These toppings not only add extra flavour and texture but also provide additional nutrients.