These Choco-spice protein muffins are absolute winners and loved by everyone.
They're incredibly simple and fast to whip up, not to mention they're a nutritious, moist treat.
I enjoy them either in the morning alongside my coffee or as a post-workout energy boost in the afternoon. With this recipe, you'll end up with around 6-7 muffins, but if you want to be on the safe side, I recommend doubling the recipe because they tend to disappear within a day. My family devours them within seconds!
Makes: 6-7 muffins
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1,5 tbsp honey
- 1,5 scoops Essablend Choco-spice protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1,5 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 175 celsius.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease tin.
Process oats in a blender or food processor until ground to make oat flour.
In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients and mix them well with a whisker. Or if you prefer a very smooth texture, add all the remaining ingredients in the processor and process until well blended.
- Transfer to muffin tin, evenly distributing across 6-7 tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool on the cooling rack for 15 minutes.