I wanted to share one of my favourite protein porridge recipes I make on days I know I am going to be busy and running around.
So I want to make sure I have enough energy for the day.
Porridge is a great source of carbohydrates and contains fiber. On top of that if you add our Vegan Vanilla Protein powder your meal quickly becomes a nutrient dense breakfast that already tastes more delicious. I am going to show you how I make this simple but delicious meal even more exciting.
Essablend Vegan Vanilla protein porridge
- ½ scoop of Essablend Vanilla protein
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp or more cinnamon
- 50 g oats
- 200 ml oat, almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp peanut or almond butter
- Raspberries or any berries you like
- shredded coconut (dried)
- Stir all the ingredients (except the protein powder) in a saucepan on low heat. Stir until creamy. I always make mine on low heat, which might take longer but it will be more creamy. You can also use half water half plant based milk but using oat milk for example will add to the creaminess.
- Once your porridge has the right consistency and creaminess, remove it from the stove. Add in the protein powder and mix it well.
- Transfer the porridge into your bow, add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Share your versions with us and post your porridge on Instagram tagging us @essawrld