Hello Essa world,
I often get asked “How do you get the motivation to exercise regularly? Well, honestly it's not always easy, I often find it difficult to get the inspiration to go for that run or roll out the yoga mat and do those exercises. However, I’m a firm believer in the mental and health benefits of exercise and find if I don’t move I tend to get a bit antsy.
Exercise boosts the production of your brain's feel-good neurotransmitters, called endorphins. These endorphins become a vital part of my stress management and routine. It’s honestly as much about the mental as the physical for me and I get motivation thinking about the benefits that exercise has on my daily mood.
I love building workouts into my daily routine and creating a habit. A few extra tips to help motivate you to get going are:
- An amazing playlist— I think having a go-to of your favorite tunes helps
- Schedule it in — I often book in slots in my calendar or create a morning habit
- Something is better than nothing — listen to your body, I often will go for a walk or stretch if I’m not up to something more strenuous
- Have a routine that you can do anywhere — I love an easy routine that I can do when I’m traveling and wanted to share with you an easy set of movements that work for me. I love these as it's something you can do at home or on holiday.
- Have a post workout ritual: I love replenishing my body with an Essablend vanilla protein shake or smoothie. Our Essa Blend vegan vanilla protein powder is a great choice if you want to support your body with a well-absorbed, easily digestible, rich in essential amino acids and delicious protein source. Our protein contains 6 different plant proteins (Peas, rice, sunflower, pumpkin, flax and chia seeds), a high protein content, and by using them in combination, we managed to create a complex protein source, which means that it contains the essential and non-essential amino acids needed by the human body. It has high antioxidant, vitamin and mineral content, due to the addition of a mixture of ten types of vegetables and fruits, which we call the Super Green & Super Red mixture.
MY ANYWHERE ROUTINE
Make sure you always warm up before working out for about 5-10 minutes.
Sumo squat jump 3 x 20
After warming up I always start with this exercise. It gets the blood flowing and just boosts my energy for the following exercises.
Squat press 3 x 10
This combined exercise works on multiple muscles. The squat portion strengthens the quads, glutes and core. The overhead press works the shoulders and back.
Lunge + lateral raise 3 x 10
This is another great combination exercise that works on both your lower body and shoulders. If you are new to this exercise I recommend separating the two and when you feel like your balance is good, start combining the two.
Plank row 3 x 10
Plank is a really good exercise for strengthening your core muscles. Adding the rowing to it challenges your stability while working on your middle and upper back plus shoulders and arms.
Bicep curls 3 x 12
Great exercise for your biceps and upper arms.
Side to side jump with resistance band (band optional) 3 x 20
This exercise will work on your lower body and stability.
Walkout plank/caterpillar walk, shoulder tap, cross mountain climb 3 x 8
Full body exercise that works on core, strength, stability and both upper and lower body.
Hover to plank 3 x 10
Works on your core strength while working on your legs and booty.
Side plank crunches 2 x 12
Another great exercise that strengthens your core and works on your hips and obliques.
Side plank - bent leg raise with resistance band (band optional) 2 x 12
This combined exercise will work on your arms, core, abs, legs and booty.
Sit ups 2 x 12
Sit ups build muscle strength in the abdominal and hip muscles while strengthening your core.